How do I Conduct Quantitative Studies on Multiple Devices
With Userlytics, a single Quantitative test can be completed by participants from desktops, laptops, mobile phones, or tablets, instead of just one type of device per test, creating a more simple and seamless remote testing experience.
Below, we’ll go over how to specify what device(s) you would like participants to complete your usability study on.
1. Create a New Study
Upon logging in to your Userlytics account, you will see the client dashboard. On the left-hand menu, select the option that says “Create New Study.”
2. Designate “Quantitative Testing” as your study type
Upon clicking “Create New Study,” You will immediately be prompted to select the type of study you want to create. Choose the option that says “Quantitative Testing.”
3. Select the “Multi-Device” option under participant device
When you are ready, go to the second section of the study builder under the menu item titled “Participants.”
On this page, there will be an option to designate your participant’s device. To allow your study participants to complete your study on desktops, smartphones, and / or tables, select the option that says “Multi-Device.”
What are the benefits of multi-device quantitative testing?
There are several benefits to multi-device quantitative testing:
- Because a single Quantitative test can be completed by participants from desktops, laptops, mobile phones or tablets, instead of just one type of device per test, study results can be acquired more quickly, leading to more quality UX insights.
- Participants are no longer required to download our mobile app in order to run a quantitative usability study on a mobile device, creating a faster and simpler onboarding experience.
- Multi-device quantitative testing makes it even smoother to add our Live Intercept to your website and leverage your BYOU credits, pulling your website visitors straight into a survey hosted via Userlytics, regardless of the device from which they’re browsing your site. The onboarding process is a single click from intercept to survey!
*Note: If you do not see the option to conduct Quantitative Testing on your client dashboard, please contact your account manager so they can resolve the issue.*