Choose the Category
Check the most frequently asked questions by our clients.
Tips and Tricks
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Didn’t get your questions answered? Check the most frequently asked questions.
If you have a DIY account, then you would pay for the credits when you go to launch the test, after you have fully setup the test.
If you have a Custom Project or Enterprise Plan, then you would purchase the credits upfront and they would be available in your account for when you are ready to run your upcoming test(s).
This unique feature enables the blocking of screen recording during sensitive moments in the test journey, to protect personal identifiable information, while continuing to record the webcam view of the participant and their “think aloud” commentary.
There are a number of different ways you can leverage Userlytics for remote usability testing:
- You can use your own participants, or have them provided by a 3rd party user experience respondent panel, or ask Userlytics to recruit and incentivize the participants, or leverage our over 600,000 member proprietary panel. You can configure participant redirects to specific landing pages for completes, abandons, etc. Respondents download a small app that checks if they have the necessary equipment (e.g.: webcams, when applicable) and that takes them through the tasks and questions you have defined
- You can test a website, a wireframe, a set of static images, a video, a PowerPoint or Google Slides presentation, or any other type of digital asset accessible from a computer, including desktop applications.
- You can test a mobile App that is available on the App Store or Google Play, or an unreleased App using TestFlight or similar, on both smartphones and tablets.
- You can simultaneously view the screen interactions, listen to what the participant hears, and see the participants’ face and surroundings in a “Picture-in-Picture” (PiP) format video.
- You can use our customizable templates for all types of use cases, work flows and scenarios for easy task and exit survey question formulation.
- You can leverage skipping logic in the design of your unmoderated usability testing script, as well as in the design of a custom screener survey
- You can create an invitation link for participants that forces them to register their name and email, or one that incorporates a unique identifier in the link (e.g.: for use with 3rd party panel providers) which you can send or post anywhere.
- You can use a customizable respondent feedback invitation widget that you can add on any website page.
- You can access the full video and survey question results, share access to specific projects with clients and colleagues, and download videos, quantitative metrics and survey results for your own reporting format.
- You can access a hyperlinked “Video Highlights” section with key comments and events linked to specific videos and timeline moments.
- You can download specific video clips with or without captions of annotation titles.
- You can automatically create “Highlight Reels” of clips from different participants and/or studies linked by a common theme through the use of tags.
- You can request an AI generated audio transcript of the videos with time stamped text for easy searching of videos and links to specific timeline moments.
- You can request an analysis and executive summary, crafted by one of our Professional UX Consultants, of results with detailed recommendations for each issue uncovered.
We can manage payments in either US dollars or Euros, depending on your location, using a Credit Card. For Custom Projects or Annual Enterprise plans, wire transfers or PayPal may also be used.
Our cloud hosting providers are based in the US, Amazon Web Services (Virginia) and Linode (Texas).
Yes, we are fully GDPR compliant, as well as registered in the ICO of the UK and fully CCPA compliant.
Very easy and very similar to an unmoderated user experience test, the main difference is you have a scheduling tool where you define the availability of your moderator (unless you wish to have Userlytics moderate). Invited participants then confirm the specific date/time they will do the test and both the moderator and the participant receive reminders prior to the selected date/time.
One very cool and unique aspect of the Userlytics moderated testing platform (“Live Conversations”) is that participants do NOT need to download ANY application, extension or plug-in; the system is completely “in-browser” and 100% HTML based, so participant onboarding is extremely seamless and can take place within corporate firewalls!
Pricing for remote user testing depends on the following factors:
- Usability test participant demographic profile – Target Persona
- Maximum user experience test session time
- Number of user experience test participant completes desired
- Whether usability test design – scripting is required
- Whether user test review, analysis and recommendations are required
Pricing can be monthly or annual-licensing based, or Ad-Hoc, on a per usability test project basis.
Contact us for information on how we can help you achieve your unmoderated user experience testing goals.